July 15, 2019
The Sonofa Gunofa results (and little write up) can be found here: https://www.nstr.ca/results/ (this links you to the blog)
Thank you all again for making the NS Trail Running community a fantastic one!!
July 15, 2019
That was quite a weekend in Five Islands!! Every year just keeps getting better and better, so thanks for coming out to this unique and challenging event!
Results are being typed up now and will be posted later today.
Also, we’ll be placing another t-shirt order Tuesday at noon because of the mix up. If you’d like one (and haven’t ordered one already), please email us at [email protected] and we’ll add you to the order. If you haven’t paid for one in advance (when you registered), they are $20 each.
Hopefully this all makes sense in our sleep-deprived state.
Jodi and Karine
July 8, 2019
Sonofa Gunofa Run Update:
Less than 1 week until history is made, right?! Someone has to do all 28 laps, right?!
Here are some park rules (and race rules) that should be passed along:
1) No parking on/along the road anywhere in the park and no parking at private campsites, unless you have booked it for yourself.
2) The group campsite is full. This means it’s first come, first served for your spot.
3) If you arrive Saturday morning, you will most likely have to park out in the little parking lot a few kms away (at the gate/park entrance)…so come early.
4) The 75km YARD SALE starts Saturday morning along the drive to the park. Your drive will take a lot longer.
5) Late starts are not permitted. We’ll start at 9:00:00am, so you have to be in the “start box” no later than 8:59:59am.
More to come race morning! Rest up!
July 5, 2019
The “Coffee Run” registration is now open!
Come and check out this beginner-friendly course…keeping in mind that there will be mud, rocks and a steep hill (no, it’s not all rail trail)
Saturday September 14th at the Bike & Bean Cafe in Upper Tantallon.
See you there!
July 1st, 2019
Here are the tentative dates and locations for the 2 new races on the NS Trail Running schedule:
1) Saturday September 14, 2019 at the Bike & Bean Cafe. The “Coffee Run” will be ~6k race with roughly 3k on rail trail and 3k on ATV/powerline trail.
2) Saturday September 28, 2019 at Kearney Lake/Maskwa. The “Fox Trot” (you’ll be passing by Fox Lake, among others) will be a ~5k and ~10k on some great singletrack and other trails!
We’ll let you know when registration opens up!
June 27, 2019
Beat to Snot registration is now open!
Same course/format as the last 2 years…a 9.5k loop done once or twice.
Shirt and no shirt options as well!
See you there!
June 26, 2019
NS Trail Running Coaching update!
*50% off all NS Trail Running races when you sign up for a 6 month block of ‘one-on-one’ coaching. The discount applies only to those races within the same 6 month period, but this could amount to 10 discounted races!!
Note that we now have races in January, June, July, August, September, October, and November.
Who picked up on the “September” part?
Yes, we are adding 1 or 2 local, shorter races (5-10k) within HRM in September! More info coming soon.
For more info about the coaching side of things, here’s the link: https://www.nstr.ca/coaching/
Lots of other goodness coming down the pipe, so stay tuned!
June 23, 2019
Cape Split registration is now open!
June 21, 2019
Here is the registration link for the first ever Cape Split trail running race. We kept it serious/simple this time and left it at “Cape Split” for the race name.
Note that registration does not open until noon on Sunday (see the counter at the bottom of the page).
See you on the trails!
June 20, 2019
There is a Capes 100 email address issue.
If you’ve used this email address in the last month or 2, there seems to be some issue with it.
Please forward your emails to [email protected]
Sorry for the glitch. Cyber space doesn’t cooperate sometimes.
Flyin’ Nutz III registration is now open!
Same course, same limit of runners (125).
Come on out for this hotly contested track-like event! Will the course record fall this year??
June 20, 2019
New NSTR race at Cape Split!!
When: Saturday October 19th, 2019
Distance: ~12k (6k out-and-back)
Limit: 100 runners (limited parking)
We’ll give everyone a few days notice before we open registration to give everyone a fair shot at getting a spot!
Registration (along with all other race details) will open at noon Sunday June 23rd on Race Roster!
Hope to see y’all there!
June 19, 2019
Please note: dogs are not at all allowed on the Capes 100 course during the race. Period. No exceptions.
June 10, 2019
I’ve had a change of heart.
We will now allow “transfers” for the 2019 Sonofa Gunofa!
This means that if you can’t make it, you can sell your spot!
Here’s the process…
1) If you want a spot, you pay the drop out for their spot.
The options are/were…
-$40 without a shirt and no camping spot at the group site or,
-$45 (no shirt, but yes to camping) or,
-$60 (shirt, but no camping) or,
-$65 (shirt and camping).
2) There is a $20 admin/transfer fee that is then required, payable to [email protected] via e-transfer.
(Thank you Wascally Wabbit runner for this suggestion).
Please provide me with your name, address, date of birth, any allergies or medical conditions, emergency contact name and phone number, shirt size (if applicable, or if your spot didn’t include one – additional $20), group site camping fee (if applicable, or if your spot didn’t include one – $5/person).
The shirt order is going in on Friday June 14th.
Hopefully THAT isn’t too confusing. Things will be streamlined for the 2020 SG!
June 9, 2019
Capes 100k/160k and our “race pace expectations”.
Yup. You do have 36 hours to complete the race! Sounds like lots of time, but for some folks, it won’t be enough.
We’d highly recommend that you do the math on what you need to average per hour in order to stay on target for a 36hr finish. If you fall off this pace at any point during the race, the race staff/volunteers will pull you from the course. Odds are, you will not be getting faster as the race progresses. This is for your own safety.
Thanks and happy training!
June 9, 2019
Wascally Wabbit Results!
Thank you all once again for making the 9th annual Wascally Wabbit a super fun day!
Check out the results and take note of the new course records!! Impressive running!! WW 2019 Results
May 24, 2019
Capes 100 update:
1) Hopeful runners can now join the waitlist on the Race Roster website. This list will get tacked on to the list I have now, so if you already contacted us, you don’t need to register here: https://raceroster.com/events/2019/19252/capes-100
2) We are looking for volunteers! If you’d like to join us (and have an awesome meal Friday night, a race t-shirt and hat, and the chance to win Salomon prizes), click here please and thanks! https://raceroster.com/events/2019/19252/capes-100
The mandatory gear issue for the Capes 100 has been solved.
All of the gear in the list is now HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, but not mandatory. This means that you are responsible for what you think you need.
If you’re doing the 100 miler and have a pacer, you are not allowed to borrow/use ANY of their gear. If you get cold, wet, etc, it’s on you.